Sunday 1 July 2012

Happy Canada Day! (Long awaited update too!)

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!!!
Well….here it is. My loooooong overdue blog to update you on the “news” I was leading up to. I’VE RETIRED!!! Yesiree, you heard me…RETIRED! As in - no longer working. You could argue that Visalus is work, but when it is that fun, is it really work?? Besides, the motto is “I get paid to party”. So it can’t be “work” then.
I gave my notice on June 19th and my last day was June 22nd. Yes, I gave two weeks’ notice. But they offered my last day to be June 22nd and I jumped all over it and took off for Nova Scotia. My paradise! I love it there. Absolutely love it. However, the areas I stay in are “in the sticks” as they say and I don’t get much internet service. So my blog had to wait until I returned.
Here’s the flip side to my retirement. While I did give my notice and did plan on kicking my feet up, I came home to my messages and have 3 job offers on the table. WOW! I’m a workaholic. I am debating if I accept one of them and work on completing my renovations and then sell and move to Nova Scotia. Hmmm…maybe I take the summer off and then look for a job if I still feel I want to work? Decisions, decisions.
No decision making today though…it is CANADA DAY! Time to kick back and relax and spend time with family and friends. (That’s why we returned home after only one week in Nova Scotia…we’ve been looking forward to a BBQ we were invited to since last year.)
On a note that I don’t really want to share, but will for the purpose of the blog, I really haven’t paid any mind to my body, health, etc for the last few weeks. So I am officially back in the mindset of looking out for me. I’ve written out a plan including when to work out. I will stick to it too. After all, every goal that I have ever reached was one that I wrote on the calendar. (I did write “retirement” on my calendar for mid-July this year, and I exceeded it!)
I have also updated my website with more FAQs and pictures. My clients are a little shy to be on the website. I am hoping to update soon with more before and after shots with a wider variety of body types. Check it out: www.bbvcid.com
Enjoy your day, whether is it Canada Day for you or not, it is still the weekend!! Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment