Sunday 28 October 2012

Days 5-7...an AMAZING weekend!

Day 5 was Friday. It was a great day, but a topsy-turvy day. Everything I “planned” to do at work was changed in some way, shape or form. It was still a great day; however, didn’t flow as smoothly and timed out as I wanted. In the evening I was fully planning on the gym. Instead, my husband and I made the decision during dinner that we would get up at 5am on Saturday and head up North to see the trees change colour, go to an auction house, and to one of the many lakes in Algonquin Park. Since we decided this at 7:30 PM and I’d been up since 4 AM, it was time to hit the sack soon. I didn’t mind. I had been doing my cardio and working out with my niece all week.

Day 6 was Saturday. Oh WOW! It was such a jam packed and incredible day! We picked up my husband’s step-mom at 6:30 AM. The drive up north was so beautiful. I have to say that in town my favourite leaf colour is yellow in autumn. But when driving through the wooded areas it is definitely the rust colour. I was very surprised to see that a lot of trees were already completely bare!
After a full day of: driving (total six hours), a fun time at the auction (3 hours) a trip to the cottage, one of the most flavourful meals and enjoyable dinners out I’ve had in a VERY long time (at a place we thought was going to be a hole in the wall…until we walked in), and a trip to Algonquin Park (that was cut short because the road very abruptly became a lake that was too deep for our truck); we still came home and sat huddled around a heater on the back patio for over two hours visiting and laughing. It was such an amazing day!
I only managed to get one ViSalus shake in on Day 6 due to poor planning. I portioned out my shake and had it in a shaker cup and then forgot the cup. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Today is Sunday…Day 7. I’m about to have my Chocolate and Banana Shake and head out for groceries, then the gym, and finally to work. I don’t often work the weekends and my boss is a huge believer in work-life balance and ensures that we have our weekends off. However, I have a deadline for tomorrow and he suggested that if I work today I can take the time off to head to St. Louis, MO even earlier than Friday. Wooohooo!!! I can’t wait! ViSalus has presented me with so many opportunities that I never had before. You don’t have to travel with ViSalus, but I get paid to party and I LOVE travelling. What a perfect fit. Might as well take advantage of the opportunity when it’s there!

No comments:

Post a Comment