Friday 5 October 2012

Anti-Bullying Month! (post includes "LOLs" - sorry)

This is a long read, but I really hope it reaches at least one person who takes the time to read it. I have something extremely personal to share and YES – it will be a shock to ALL my family and friends. October is a special month. It is my Anniversary AND it is National Anti-Bullying month. (I am passionate about wanting bullying to STOP!!) Why do both go hand in hand? 

 Well…for one, my husband and I have endured so much over the past ten years. We had several miscarriages; my cancer; dealing with the reality that we cannot have our own children; deaths in the family; pneumonia; living apart for over one year due to work; and just last week, I found out I had a tumour that needed to be removed ASAP. I took a vacation day on Tuesday from work and had surgery (they got it all thank goodness!) and returned to work Wednesday. Not a soul knew.

 I mention this to say “10 years!!!” 10 years we’ve stuck together through thick and thin (hopefully I will be thin again one day…LOL!)

 But I also say this to drive home another point. You NEVER know exactly what someone is dealing with in life. You will NEVER know how hurtful your words or actions can be. Don’t be so quick to judge! STOP BULLYING! I wasn’t bullied over this…that isn’t my point. My point is, none of you knew what we were dealing with. What makes you think you know what others are dealing with? BE KIND!!! SMILE!!! And enjoy life!

 On a funny note…I took a vacation day for surgery and returned to work the next day and no one knew. But today I am off work because of Bronchitis???? LOL. Seems silly when I say it out loud….but I can’t laugh – it hurts to breath :(

No comments:

Post a Comment