Sunday 21 October 2012

This is NOT failure! I still won!

I know it has been quite a while since I’ve updated my blog. There has been a lot going on and I chose to focus on work and my health for the last few weeks.  

The short story….earlier this month, I had a tumor removed. I wasn’t the least bit nervous leading up to the surgery. Not even the day I had surgery. Truthfully, my biggest thought was “I hope I am ok to go back to work the next day” (which I was). However, that’s all I thought about afterwards…wondering if they got it all…wondering if I would need further treatment…dreading going through this alone with only my husband’s support (which I am so grateful for!). Not to worry! They got it all! No further surgery or treatments required! WOOHOO! 

During these last few weeks, I was also taking a prescription which had the side effect of weight gain. Grrrrr. I gained 4 pounds. It’s all good! The medication is completed and I can go back to staying focussed on losing the weight I desperately need to lose! 

If you recall, my original 90 Day Challenge was to lose 35 pounds. I was on the right track. At the beginning of the month, I was down 27!!! Now, with the gain, I am still down 23! AWESOME!!! With six days left of the Challenge, I won’t be losing the 12 pounds that I would need to lose in order to meet my goal of being down 35. Therefore, I am going to stop my 90 Day Challenge and start a new one on Monday.  

This is NOT defeat. I do NOT feel like I failed. I feel so proud of myself for losing the 23 that I lost!!  

For my next 90 Day Challenge, I will be working out again often. My niece (who is my transformation inspiration) will be helping me. I am so lucky! She is going to be working out with me 2-3 times per week if I commit to doing at least 30 minutes of cardio the other days. DEAL!  

For those who don’t know my niece, I’ve included her before and after pictures below. She is one of many of my customers who have achieved amazing results with ViSalus. Of course, those who combine exercise with the ViSalus Shakes see the best results and my niece worked hard at the gym. But look how it paid off! 

So, starting tomorrow I am on Day 1 of my 90 Day Challenge. Coincidently, I am also working out with my niece on Day 1. 
 

This time, I do not have a weight loss goal; nor body fat goal; nor inches lost goal. I know for a fact that I will decrease body fat; lose weight and lose inches. So, this time, my goal is to be able to go up the stairs at Union Station and NOT be puffing and panting on the train. Ugh…I hate that feeling. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment