Saturday 28 April 2012

Goodbye Camp Gladiator - I will miss you.


Today was my last day of Camp Gladiator and what a way to end. All this week I was at two different locations in Irving, Texas. Today I was in Dallas, Texas. It…was…brutal…!!! I don’t know if it was the heat or what. I was dying. It felt as if I could not do any of the exercises properly, nor with any oomf to it. In all honesty, I wanted to just give up, roll up my mat and head home on three occasions. If it were not for the fact that my friend was there, I likely would have. It was THAT hard today. The other Camps were at 5:30am…BEFORE the sun rose. Today was at 9:00am and it felt like I was standing next to the sun. The locals here would laugh at that as they don’t feel it’s even hot here yet!!

After my workout I felt amazing. I also reflected on the workout and realized the trainer, Larry, was phenomenal. He was on top of everything and if you felt you were struggling, he’d notice before you even said anything and be right there to guide you. I am actually really glad that I went and that I stuck it out. But it was extremely hard!

Of course, my feet hurt again and my shins kept me from the sprinting exercises. I went to a shoe store similar to the Running Room, but was not successful in finding adequate shoes. Tomorrow I am going to try to get to Luke’s Locker and find shoes there if there is time before my flight.

I will miss Texas and the people I have met. I had an amazing time…Camp Gladiator and all. I wish that the United States was not a different country as I’d love to live here someday. Um…just not in summer!

I’ve managed to resist the temptation of over eating and eating at every restaurant I come across. The food here is amazing! I stuck with my shakes during the week and one today as well.

I am looking forward to weighing myself next week to see what happened this week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment