Thursday 2 February 2012

Day 24 - A new milestone

I was not in any more pain this morning, so it was wonderful to know that the running last night didn’t do damage. I was so relieved because I really wanted to do more tonight!

Work was quite painful. I just can’t get comfortable at all. I actually needed to walk away because the pain was unbearable. I was approved to work from home the rest of the week!! I am so relieved and happy!! I will be working in the comfort of lying down!

This morning I had my Visalus shake with fresh blackberries and frozen cherries. It was NOT good. I did not enjoy it at all. It was, oddly, kind of flavourless. I could only drink ¾ of it. It was so not enjoyable.

Today’s workout was another improvement. I am really pushing myself and motivated to do more! Caity is so awesome and encouraging. I think if I decided not to push myself, she’d fight me and win.

5 minute walking warm up  (I wanted to run, but forgot that when training, you never run two days in a row.)

14 intervals of 2 minute speed walking/1 minute walking (I’ve never done 2 minute intervals before!! For a pokey walker, this was quite an improvement and somewhat challenging.)

The stretches were not nearly enough, but they were still too painful to do. I think once my tail bone heals I will go for a massage and also have the therapist do some serious stretches for me.

What I noticed this workout:
-          My tailbone didn’t hurt as much as it did when I was walking last night
-          This truly IS mind over matter as I want to give up in my head well before my body starts to tire
-          I am starting to really understand those people I used to shake my head at whom said “I love working out. Once you get into it, you’ll love it and be addicted.”
-          I cannot wait to see what I will accomplish each day. I am blown away at how far I’ve come in such a short time
-          I walk a lot more loosely and fluidly than before (is that a word?)

This evening I had my Visalus shake with a Starbucks skinny café mocha. Not sure that was a really healthy choice, but I know it was much healthier than NOT having one and grabbing the Whopper I was slightly craving.

Since being approved for working at home, I found my food cravings were dramatically reduced.  Yep…like I thought…mood food cravings.

I have a new goal…a long term goal. I want to start training very soon to be fit enough for Tough Mudder next year. If you have not heard of Tough Mudder, Google it. I have a role model that I have looked up to since I was a young teenager. He will be participating in Tough Mudder this year. I don’t know if he will be next year, but I’d be so proud of myself and feel so honoured if I were physically capable of  being on his team next year. Even if he doesn’t participate, I’d feel a real sense of accomplishment if I were able to do something that physically challenging. Of course, the kid in me just wants to do everything he can physically do!

No comments:

Post a Comment