Thursday 23 February 2012

Day 44 - My workout seemed like work today

It’s official…I am addicted to working out! I love it; I look forward to it; I miss it when I don’t do it; I long for it. I really feel like my day is incomplete when I don’t work out. Honestly and truly never thought I’d be saying that…ever!

Today’s Shakes were:
- Hot Cocoa with peppermint extract
- Cranberry Juice (I have decided I am not a fan of real cranberry juice at all…I prefer the sugar ridden cranberry cocktails, so I will just give up on these shakes when my juice is gone.)

Today’s Workout:

5 minute walking warm up 

9 intervals of 2 minutes fast paced and 1 minute moderate paced walk
(One of those intervals was the full 2 minutes of fast paced walking up mount killer junior! Caity made me look back to see the hill I powered through…one word….SWEET!!)
5 minute cool down 
The following were all done twice (2 sets of each exercise):
20 squats
10 (each leg) stationary lunges
12 over head 8lb medicine ball throws
20 standing oblique twists with 8lb medicine ball
Plank from knees on elbows held for 1 minute (I actually requested to do a plank – it had been a while and I felt the urge. This was the only exercise not repeated today.)

Stretches (I can totally grab my foot with ease and balance on one leg now for my quad stretches…how cool is that?)

What I recognized today:
-  I really push myself hard. I will give up only if my body collapses…or if Caity tells me too….
-  My feet have not hurt for a while now
-  My shins did not hurt at all
-  Today was a workout where I constantly pushed. I just really felt like my body was making me work today…as if it was tired, but I was wide awake!
-  As I read this workout, part of me thought “that’s it?? That’s all?? THAT was a work out??” But when I see where I started and where I am now…I’m pleased and proud of myself. I am nowhere near where I want to be, but I am further than I was yesterday!!
-  I am still unable to sit on a chair and it still hurts to get up once I have been “lounging” but now that I started working out again, I’d rather push through the pain than sit out

I am looking forward to tomorrow’s workout already! I also think I will do measurements again. My clothes are looser!

No comments:

Post a Comment