Thursday 9 February 2012

Day 32 - Time For Review

A bit of a reality check today…while I was in a bad mood over some petty things and miserable that I had to endure more excruciating pain in the office, it hit me. I have to sit down and review all my options. I am too happy-go-lucky to be angry and miserable. I can’t change people, but I can change my environment and my own reactions. On a positive note, I took that negative energy and pounded it into the pavement tonight.

Breakfast Shake: Visalus shake mixed with hot cocoa and peppermint extract.
Lunch Shake: Visalus shake mixed with real cranberry juice and fresh strawberries. WHOA!!! Note to self…real cranberry juice is so tart! Next time, mix it with half water. Yowza! That curled my hair!

Today’s workout:

5 minute walking warm up.

10 intervals of 2 minutes speed walking/1 minute walking (My shins didn’t start to hurt til the last interval.)

3 hill repeats (That’s where I finally make it up a hill and Caity decides it’d be fun to make me go back down the hill and turn and walk up it again…and again!)

The stretches were not nearly enough as they were still too painful to do.

Things I noticed:
-          My feet don’t hurt like they did when I started all this…did the weight loss so far help, or are my shoes just more worked in?
-          Caity points out accomplishments that I don’t notice…and it feels awesome!! Did you know I can now powerwalk up a steep hill without gasping for air and wishing death? I didn’t notice, until Caity pointed it out
-          My walking is a lot faster and when it is time to “slow” walk, sometimes Caity tells me to slow it a bit more
-          No puffers the last few work outs…it has been +1 and above though too…last time I needed them it was -9
-          When having to work in the office, my tail bone hurts the entire day – including my work out and when trying to sleep at night

I am totally looking forward to my tail bone healing because I miss all the lunges and core exercises. I need to get training for Tough Mudder 2013!

I found it easy to stick to the two shakes today. I do believe I have myself back on track nutritionally. Of course, seeing all of these positive results really help!

2 comments:

  1. I know you will shake the funk! Someone as bubbly and positive as you can't remain feeling this way. You will get sick.

    I do know many who want you to return to work with them...jusy sayin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you girl. You are an inspiration good luck and you can do it :) Stay positive and stay focus.

    ReplyDelete