Friday 24 February 2012

Day 45 - Half Way Mark and Measurement

Day 45 was a tough and extremely long day. I did not get home and into bed until 2am, so my apologies for not having this updated until today (Day 46).

Half way mark!!!!! WOOHOO!! 45 Days left on this Challenge!

Today’s Shakes were:
- Hot Cocoa with peppermint extract
- My fav, the “orange creamsicle” (Orange juice and Visalus Shake)

Today’s Workout:

5 minute walking warm up 

5 intervals of 30 seconds run and 1 minute walk
(My shins were KILLING me! I pushed through intervals 3 and 4, but couldn’t get past 5. We started the run on a hill today. WHOA! Brutal!! I didn’t quite have my breath completely caught up before interval 2.)
28 minute moderate walk (On account of my shins hurting.)
5 minute cool down 

10 pushups (x2)
12 standing tricep pushups on the wall (x2)
12 medicine ball throws - 8 lb (x2)

20 medicine ball passes with Caity
20 weighted punches

1 minute plank
30 second side plank (each side)

Stretches

What I recognized today:
-  I still get so frustrated when I am out of breath – it’s as if I expect I will miraculously never be out of breath one day…even when Caity is sometimes winded, I still expect I should not be
-  Today was another workout where I constantly pushed
- While exercising is a wonderful distraction and a great stress reliever, I am starting to think that stress is also making me really struggle to keep up
- I looked forward to working out the entire day!
-  We took my pictures today to compare to the beginning. It’s funny; everyone I showed them to sees a big difference. I do not. Once I “dissect” the pictures piece by piece I do see it, but then I go back and don’t see it again; however, I KNOW there is a difference because………

Hips = -1.5 inches
Waist = -3.5 inches
Chest = -1 inch
(I know that is generally all people track, but I am tracking more…)
Leg = -1.5 inches
Calf = -1 inch
Arm = -1 inch

I have not decided yet if I will post my Start and Mid-way pictures now, or if I will post my Start. Mid-way and End pictures at the 90 day mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment