Thursday 12 January 2012

Day 4 - Getting Better...ALREADY??

Last night I didn’t get to sleep until sometime after 0100. Ok….technically this morning. My throat was hurting and I was stuffed up and couldn’t breathe. Awwwwwwww. I still woke up before my alarm at 0615.  However, I laid there feeling sorry for myself until my husband called at 0640. I don’t do sore throats well.  I get really sucky.

I felt better after my shower and headed to the drugstore for some Kleenex with lotion.  I knew it was going to be a constant nose blowing day.  Misplaced the keys to the car. Misplaced my jacket. Head was foggy. I figured it was going to be a horrible day.  But it was not, thankfully.

I had my morning Shake at work mixed hot cocoa and peppermint extract. It was so good! It comforted me and helped me breath. I had the same shake last night, but don't recall how tasty it was. I was too busy whining to myself.

Throughout the day I was not drowsy and although I didn’t feel the greatest, I noticed that I was feeling significantly better than the morning. Best of all, my throat was no longer sore!!! Yay me! I sounded pretty bad and my nose was still stuffy, but I didn’t have a foggy head nor was I tired. Feeling even better this evening and still not drowsy.

Usually when I get sick, I get SICK.  It lasts a long time and I get it worse than those around me. I am actually feeling like I am already coming out of it.  Is it from the Shakes (the nutrition); is my body healthier from the exercising and therefore kicking this cold quickly, or is it just a coincidence? I won’t know and I can’t speculate.  I can just say I am happy that this didn’t kick my butt and knock me out.

Tonight, I will take the day off from exercising.  My body feels like doing some form of exercise, but I do have some things to catch up on and some sample packs to prepare and mail out, so I will take the night off.  I am meeting Caity tomorrow morning for another hardcore workout.  From what I was told, she is going to have me run as long as I can and use that as a base for future. I’m excited to see how long that is and how long it takes to recover. I am even more excited to see how long it takes to improve! I’ll let you know tomorrow how that all unfolds.

That shake this morning was so good and so comforting I am going to have it again tonight.  Hot cocoa mixed with the Visalus shake mix and some mint extract. (This was also my colleague’s favourite recipe so far.)

I am really interested to see if I have a surprise for you tomorrow.  Some of you know already what that surprise is and some of you have no clue.  It’ll happen, I just am wondering if it will be tomorrow…


No comments:

Post a Comment