Thursday 23 August 2012

It is NOT easy....

Let me start by filling you in on yesterday...Wednesday. I took yesterday off from the gym because I had to be at work early to make it to a group Challenge Party a couple of hours away. It was an incredible event! I learned so much and heard/saw so many stories of people who transformed their lives both physically and financially via Visalus.

Yesterday's Visalus Shakes were both Vi-Shake mixed with instant offee. I think I may need to switch to decaf coffee. I'm not really a coffee drinker. However, I used to drink a lot of pop in the day and that was probably even more caffeine than these coffee Shakes.

Here's the brutal honesty....
Yesterday I did not want to make my morning shake. Purely just from being lazy. I went down to the main floor and started to see what the restaurants had to offer. All the while I was mumbling to myself that I really didn't want anything they had. Also, my Shake only costs approximately $2, so why was I going to drop $5+ on stuff that would make me feel heavy and blah? I reluctantly decided to go make my shake. From my desk to the kitchen and back with a delicious and satisfying shake was 4 minutes. Less than the time spent downstairs.

When I made my afternoon Shake, I also made my colleague's and we got to chatting about food. I have to be honest here. I think about food constantly. All the time. Wings, nachos, chips, doughnuts, chocolate, burgers - all the junk that is no good for me. I fight with myself everyday, especially when I am hungry. I have it in my head that going through the drive thru will be faster and easier. Know what? It's NOT faster than making a shake. It IS more expensive. It IS unhealthy. So why do I struggle? I don't know. I don't have that answer. What I do have are thing I recognize and small tips.
ViSalus does have a product that helps with hunger control and cravings. But I'm not hungry nor craving anything.

I recognize:
- ViSalus Shakes satisfy me
- the Shakes are delicious
- they are inexpensive
- they make me feel healthier
- they are fast and easy to make
- I now know the difference between hungry and bored or just habit eating

My tips:
- stop and think of your why. Why are you doing this? Is eating that "whatever food" worth the moment of time on your taste buds?
- write your goal down. Otherwise it is a dream and not a goal
- go public. Tell people what you are doing. It will hold you more accountable
- when you have a craving, drink water - go for a walk
- have some carrot sticks or veggies on hand to snack on
- find YOUR why!!! YOUR reason!

I started my day with a one hour circuit training workout. I wanted to quit 15 minutes into it. I was tired and lazy and just wanted to go home and shower and go to work. I reluctantly pushed through. My "why" is too important. I am not doing this to prove anything to anyone. I'm doing this for ME!  If I give up I am giving up on me.

I don't have the answers. I have struggles and I am determined to overcome them. Are you willing to join me in overcoming your struggles?

By the way, I feel amazing now after pushing through that workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment