Tuesday 21 August 2012

Marvelous Monday

Monday was a great day at work. I really don't regret coming out of retirement so soon as I truly love my job and the people in the office.

I have been having one Visalus shake with a colleague and one on my own. She enjoys the same shake each day much like I have. So everyday, the morning shake is Visalus mixed with hot instant coffee. My second shake yesterday was Visalus mixed with Vi-Defy. 

Last night I pushed myself. I got tired of lame excuses about not being motivated and I went to the gym. It was incredible! I did one hour of circuit training. Oh, sure, I wanted to quit many times in that hour. I was "too tired" and "it was boring" and many other reasons. But I know better, so I pushed on and am so glad I did! What an amazing feeling!

I also went to bed early last night. I am going to try to get 6-8 hours of sleep each night. I know that it is extremely important for your body to rest. I'm no spring chicken anymore and my usual 3-4 hours of sleep isn't healthy. I was in bed at 10PM and up at 5:45AM.  Then.....I hit the gym!!! Another 1 hour circuit training. I am going to try mornings. That way, no matter how tired or lazy I feel at night, I already got a great workout in for the day.

I'm curious how I will feel throughout the day today. Tomorrow, however, I might try Zumba in the evening. Also, the next morning workout needs to start a little earlier. I was rushed getting ready today in order to make the train (which I did and am updating this on the way in). My shifts are flexible, but I'm going to start getting into a routine. I think it will help my sleep patterns too.

No comments:

Post a Comment